Who should apply? What are we looking for?Starman is looking for experienced bead artists and designers from all over the world who love working with quality Czech pressed glass and Japanese seed beads. We are looking to expand our team to include artists of versatile techniques—including bead weaving, stringing, loomwork, wirework, or other styles.
Starman is seeking artists who are willing and able to promote the use of Starman manufactured and wholesale products, including the CzechMates® line of multi-hole beads and TOHO seed beads. Applicants may not be on design teams for any other glass bead wholesaler or manufacturer and must sign a confidentiality agreement upon acceptance to the team.
Why Should I Apply?The Starman TrendSetters are an elite group of designers whose work is highly coveted by the industry. Membership benefits include:
- Working with prototype beads before they are available in stores.
- Being the first to create new techniques for new beads.
- Samples of selected new products from Starman and TOHO beads.
- Class sponsorship credit towards a major bead event.
- Worldwide exposure and promotion of your design business:
- TrendSetter patterns are taught in bead stores all over the world, creating a high level of name recognition.
- TrendSetter jewelry is prominently featured in Starman international advertisement campaigns.
- Make connections with distributors of Starman beads who want to feature your products and classes in their stores.
TrendSetter DutiesEach TrendSetter team member is required to submit innovative jewelry designs and stitch techniques that feature up-and-coming Starman bead shapes. The designs submitted will be featured in Starman product promotions including:
- Print advertisements and marketing material distributed industry-wide.
- Introductory 'Take and Make' patterns available online to beaders everywhere.
- Intermediate 'Pattern of the Month' class and kit patterns distributed to authorized bead stores royalty-free.
- Online advertisements and social media.
How to ApplyApplying is simple: just show us your work! You can send us anything you would like us to see, including an artist resume, list of publications, links to your website, blog, or other places there are images of your work. Email your submissions to TrendSetters@StarmanInc.com by Sunday July 31, 2016.
The following traits and skills are not required, but are preferred. Preference will be given to artists who have:
- been published in books or magazines;
- a website, write a blog, or use other forms of social media;
- taught classes at a major bead event;
- written patterns for sale;
- experience with multi-hole beads.
Applicants will receive a response in August 2016. Selected TrendSetters will hold their title from the time their completed confidentiality agreement is received through July 31, 2017.