Starman is looking for experienced bead artists and designers from all over the world who love working with quality Czech pressed glass and Japanese seed beads. We are looking to expand our team to include artists of versatile techniques—including stringing, beadweaving, loomwork, or other styles.
Who should apply? What are we looking for?
Starman is seeking artists who are willing and able to promote use of Starman Manufacturing and Wholesale products, including the CzechMates line of two-hole beads and TOHO seed beads. This means TrendSetters may not be on design teams for any other glass bead wholesaler or manufacturer. In addition, TrendSetters must be able to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Why Should I Apply?The Starman TrendSetters are an elite group of designers whose work is highly coveted by the industry. Join the Team and you’ll be able to:
- Work with prototype beads, before they are released to stores!
- Participate in multitudes of promotional opportunities, including:
- TrendSetter patterns are taught in bead stores all over the world, creating a high level of name recognition.
- TrendSetter jewelry images are used in advertisements by Starman and authorized retailers worldwide.
- Use the TrendSetter name to help promote classes, patterns, and kits featuring innovative new Starman products.
TrendSetter DutiesStarman TrendSetters will be sent beads and other supplies in order to create jewelry patterns and designs that will be used to teach the use of new bead shapes. TrendSetter designs and patterns may be used in:
- advertising by Starman and authorized resellers of Starman product
- royalty-free class and kit patterns
- free take and make patterns
- A headshot and bio for use in promotional material.
- Non-disclosure agreement. Prototype beads and jewelry made with them must not be shown to the public in any way until the specified release date. Starman will select the release date, and TrendSetters are free to display, teach classes, and share on social media after that date.
How to ApplyApplying is simple: just show us your work! You can send us anything you would like us to see, including an artist resume, list of publications, links to your website, blog, or other places there are images of your work. Email your submissions to TrendSetters@StarmanInc.com by Friday July 25, 2014.
The following traits and skills are not required, but are preferred. Preference will be given to artists who have:
- been published in books or magazines;
- a website, write a blog, or use other forms of social media;
- taught classes at a major bead event;
- written patterns for sale;
- experience with two-hole beads.
Applicants will receive selection notification in early August 2014. Selected TrendSetters will hold their title from the time their completed confidentiality agreement is received through July 31, 2015.